TYPES OF SCREENS
Many people believe a screen is a screen. However, that is not the case. Below, we’ll outline some of the main types of screens so that when you call us for screen repair or replacement, you’ll know your options:
- Standard Mesh: Our Standard Mesh is PVC coated fiberglass that is partially transparent and is designed for improved strength and durability. In general, the stronger the material, the longer your screens will last.
- No-See-Um Mesh: Our No-See-Um Mesh is designed with an incredibly small, tightly-woven design that helps to prevent tiny insects from passing through the screen. These are commonly seen on patios.
- Pet Mesh: Our Pet Mesh is designed to keep your small pets safely indoors more than it is to keep critters at bay. It is more resistant to damage and is made of vinyl coated polyester for durability and strength.
- Solar Mesh: Designed to help block out harmful UV rays, Solar Mesh often doubles as a screen and a sunshade, a powerful and convenient combination to say the least. Sporting dual purpose fabric, solar mesh offers insect, heat, and sun glare protection.
- Pollen Mesh: Pollen Mesh prevents dust, pollen, and bugs from getting through, but still allows a cool breeze. These are designed with those who suffer from allergies in mind.